Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pictures from the beach

Lenna took her first steps this weekend!
God's sandbox


All tired out!


God's timing is amazing. A couple of weeks ago, Terri and I planned to take the kids to the beach while our husbands were working over the weekend. Little did I know then, how much I would need a vacation. This past week was really hard because one of the twins I keep was very sick and in the hospital. All of the kids have missed him, and I know it's been hard on his brother. I've been worried about Scotty and his family. He gave everyone a scare and ended up in ICU by mid-week. Thankfully, he is recovering. Friday, we found out that the twins won't be able to stay here anymore, however because Scotty can't risk being around other kids and all the yucky germs. So the week ended on a really sad note. We're all gonna miss having them with us. So... We really needed a break this weekend, and my friend Terri let us go to the beach with her. It was so nice to be away from reality for awhile. There is just something about the salt air and being near the ocean that changes your perspective. It just helps me realize that even though we don't understand everything -- God knows. He is always in control and his plan is always for our good.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

His timing is always perfect.

Terri Keller said...

I love the pictures from the beach and understand the relaxation that takes place when you are there. That's why I love it so much! God's timing is good and we all had a great, well needed, no stress couple of days!