Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Parenting in the Spirit

Okay, I have to admit, being around my wonderful children all day every day sometimes wears me thin. I am so thankful and so very blessed to be able to be home with them, I know. I would not change this for the world. However, there are many, many days when I have little patience for whining, fighting, crying, neediness, arguing . . . you get the point. Out of necessity, I get up around 5:30ish every morning (almost) to be up before my children. I pray for patience. I ask God to help me see my children as He does and to deal with them gently, as He would. Still, most days I feel I am a total failure when it comes to being patient with my children. BUT . . . every now and then I have a day when I just KNOW that I was not parenting out of my own strength, but that God did it all. And it is SOOO wonderful!!! I only wish that every day He would just hijack my mind and my mouth and just get it right for me. Anyway, the past 2 days have been such a blessing and a wonderful reminder that God works through His children in big and small ways. And life is so much more peaceful when He is in control.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So true! He is strong when we are weak, which in my case is every day! If only I would get out of His way!