Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"God is my best friend"

So sorry I have been so slack about posting lately. I will blame it on Jason because he's been confiscating my camera lately. But. . . that's not really fair because I DID have the camera this weekend, and I DID take some pictures, but I was too lazy to put them onto my computer and post them when I had the camera. Anyway, Jason's took the camera AGAIN so this will be another pictureless post.
I've been trying some new parenting techniques lately (another reason I have been a slack blogger) and this has resulted in some really sweet moments with my children. A couple of days ago, I was explaining to Palmer (my 3 yr old) that we want to please God with our words and with the way we talk to one another. He looked at me and in the sweetest voice said , "Mommy, God is my best friend." It was one of those moments that makes parenting worth it all.
Side note -- if anyone is interested in some different yet sound parenting advice check out this site: http://www.raisinggodlytomatoes.com/ I always need all the parenting help I can get. Anyway, hopefully the next post will have pictures!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sometimes I think the kids get it so much better than we do. Loved the site- 10 kids!

bridget said...

That is precious. I know it made your day! I'll have to check out that site...